SCORE MARKETING & SALES CONTACT: Jim Ryan, Jim@SCORE-International.com
SCORE MEDIA CONTACT: Dominic Clark, email@example.com
March 3, 2015
Featuring in depth coverage of SCORE International and the SCORE World Desert Championship
RENO, Nev. — Following rave reviews from its inaugural issue in January, Issue No. 2 of the SCORE Journal, the monthly on-line digital magazine of SCORE International and the five-race SCORE World Desert Championship, is now live on the SCORE website at www.SCORE-International.com and is available through SCORE social media channels as well as a direct link at SCORE INTERNATIONAL – SCORE Journal February 2015.
The new digital magazine is a major element in the media expansion that SCORE is implementing for 2015 which includes its most aggressive national and international television packages, four new online video series, each with 26 episodes and a new consumer based SCORE website. GREAT START
“First of all, we want to thank all the teams, sponsors, fans and the entire desert racing community for all the great comments regarding the new SCORE Journal digital magazine and the on-line video series that were introduced over the past several weeks,” commented Jim Ryan, SCORE Marketing and Sales Director.
“The SCORE has exceeded our highest expectations with over 100,000 unique readers with an incredible average engagement time with the 84-page digital magazine of over 25 minutes! The SCORE Journal has demonstrated the efforts to showcase the many racing classes that are part of the SCORE World Desert Championship. The great video integration in both the editorial stories and advertisements has provided the desert racing community and off-road motorsports fan base with an exciting new experience.” SCORE JOURNAL
The SCORE Journal will publish eleven (11) monthly online digital magazines, which will include five print editions that will be available as the SCORE race programs at the five events that comprise the SCORE World Desert Championship, will make up the 2015 SCORE Journal release schedule.
The SCORE Journal Monthly Digital Magazine will feature exclusive editorial, enhanced race action videos, expanded and interactive race coverage, interactive product reviews, insider interviews with drivers, tech stories, driver and team profiles, race narratives and analysis, exclusive long and short form video programming, race results, updated stats, studio photography, class overviews, unmatched access to SCORE’s historical archives and much, much more. ISSUE NO. 2 LINEUP
Digging deeper into the framework for SCORE desert racing, Issue No. 2 of the SCORE Journal includes a special preview on the upcoming inaugural Bud Light SCORE Baja Sur 500 with a preliminary course map, SCORE news flashes and a detailed review of the 2015 season-opening 29th Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250.
There are also features on legendary SCORE Baja motorcycle racing champion Johnny Campbell, Dennis Hollenbecks dream to run in Class 11, young gun Tony Gera who is enjoying the SCORE Ironamn motorcycle class. Additionally this issue includes detailed stories with SCORE 101 looking at the evolution of Class 10 along with an up close look at the Polaris RZR UTVs, as well is a new products feature.
The current issue also has an in depth look at LED Lighting and its growing presence in the SCORE world along with another story with a very detailed look at fire suits as well as fire safety in general. NEW WEBSITE DESIGN
SCORE-Interational.com will now offer the global fan base access to exclusive content representing all that is happening with SCORE International along with Team, Driver, Sponsor updates, plus the products and technology that drive the world’s most exciting off-road motorsports series. The new website is scheduled to go live later this month. CBS SPORTS NETWORK COVERAGE
All races in the 2015 SCORE World Desert Championship series, along with the special SEMA SCORE Baja 1000 Experience and qualifying for the Bud Light SCORE Baja 1000 from Las Vegas Motor Speedway, will once again be aired in the USA and Canada on the CBS Sports Network. New for 2015, in addition to SCORE Trophy Truck coverage, the shows will also feature top action and highlights from many other classes of trucks, buggies, motorcycles, quads and UTVs – making sure that the most exciting footage and most compelling stories are now part of each race event broadcast.
Capping off the 2015 broadcast season, the Bud Light SCORE Baja 1000 broadcast on CBS Sports Network will be expanded to a full two-hour program – providing the most expansive television coverage of the “Main Event” of all desert races ever, allowing all the major class action to be showcased around the globe to the SCORE International fan base. 2015 CBS Sports Network Original Broadcast Schedule (subject to change, check local listings)
• Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250 (first telecast-Sunday, March 15, 9 p.m. ET)
• Bud Light SCORE Baja Sur 500 (first telecast-Sunday, May 31, 9 p.m. ET)
• Bud Light SCORE Baja 500 (first telecast-Sunday, July 26, 9 p.m. ET)
• SCORE Imperial Valley 250 (first telecast-Sunday, November 15, 9 p.m. ET)
• Bud Light SCORE Baja 1000 Qualifying @SEMA SCORE Baja 1000 Experience (first telecast-Sunday, January 10, 2016, 9 p.m. ET)
• Bud Light SCORE Baja 1000 (two-hour special-first telecast-Sunday, January 17, 2016, 9 p.m. ET)
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com. SCOREscope
In its 42nd year as the world’s foremost desert racing organization in 2015, the five-race 2015 SCORE World Desert Championship series includes four special events in Baja California, Mexico, and one in the United States. Here is the 2015 SCORE World Desert Championship schedule:
• 29th Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250, held Jan. 22-25, San Felipe, Mexico
• Inaugural Bud Light SCORE Baja Sur 500, April 16-19, Cabo San Lucas to Loreto, Mexico
• 47th Bud Light SCORE Baja 500, June 4-7, Ensenada Mexico
• 3rd SCORE Imperial Valley 250, Sept. 24-27, Coyne Powersports Motorplex-Plaster City, Calif.
• 48th Bud Light SCORE Baja 1000, Nov.18-21, Ensenada, Mexico SCORE SPONSORS… Official Sponsors: Bud Light-Official Beer/Official Race Sponsor, Monster Energy-Official Energy Drink, BFGoodrich Tires-Official Tire, Rigid Industries LED Lighting-Official Lights, King Shocks-Official Shock Absorber, Polaris-Official UTV, Vision Wheel – Official Wheel, Axial R/C-Official R/C Vehicle, CBS Sports Network-Official Television Partner, Coca-Cola-Official Soft Drink, Coyne Powersports-Official Powersports Supplier,Wide Open Excursions- Official Arrive and Drive Company, Crystal Bay Casino-Official Casino. Associate Sponsors: All Road Satellite, Symons Ambulance Company, Volaris Airlines, Aero Calafia, Tessco. Additional SCORE Partners: Proturismo Ensenada, Visit Baja California Sur, Baja California Secretary of Tourism, Baja California Sur State Government, Mexicali Ayuntamineto, COTUCO Mexicali/San Felipe, Cruz Roja Mexicana, Corporate Helicopters, Instant Mexico Auto Insurance, GoPro, PCI Race Radios, McKenzie’s Performance Products, Advanced Color Graphics.
For more information, visit the official website of the SCORE World Desert Championship at www.SCORE-International.com.